Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spinkleruv Mlyn

I like waiting for laundry...it gives me time to write!

I am getting really behind here...so the next couple entries will catch us up until this point.

Classes have been going well. My Monday's and Wednesday's are tough but I've been making it through!

The weekend After Berlin I went skiing! Jack, Zach, Hilary and I rented a car and drove up to the border of the Czech Republic and Poland (NE). The whole border of the Czech Republic is mountains. This teeny little car had a lot of pep to it! But it was sleeting/snowing on the way up there so we had to take it carefully.

We got to our very nice hotel, and went out on the town. It is a nice small ski town with lots of lodges and restaurants. We had a nice Italian dinner. I had the olives appetizer and pizza with tuna which was very good. Then we went to this place at the top of the hill that had music playing and searchlights called Silver Rock. It was obviously the place to be because it was packed! We ordered a drink to share and then sat there for a while, danced a little bit, then went home to get rested for the long day ahead of us.

The whole time we were in Spindleruv Mlyn, it was snowing! It didn't stop! Which made conditions for skiing ideal. We went up the first hill and not only was it the hardest thing I had ever done...Hilary had never skied before so props to her! The hills got progressively harder but we all made it through with some minor falls. We got very wet!

At lunch we went to the lodge at the bottom of the mountain. Part of the menu was in Hebrew...which was weird and I have no idea why...

Anyway, we finished our day and sat down to a delicious dinner which none of us ate because we weren't hungry. I had one out of my three veggie fajitas! But I did have a veggie taco soup before for an appetizer which was delicious! Plus it was an earlier dinner...i have to defend myself when it comes to food!

We drove back and thought the roads were going to be worse then they were because it had been snowing for the past day...but they were fine and it wasn't sleeting or snowing at the time we left so that helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment