Monday, February 2, 2009

My First Day of School...

So today was the first day!

After staying up until about 3am to watch the first half of the superbowl and the halftime show, I got up at 8am, had breakfast and a cup of coffee to wake up and headed to start my long day of classes. Monday's are INSANE! But it's good that I get over half of my classes over with on the first day of the week. I had Jewish History (mostly of the Czech lands), a perspective which had never been covered in any American classes, A Czech film course (today we watched a silent film with random German phrases randomly placed throughout the film), Czech language which was basically a review of what we did in intensive Czech last week (i got the second highest grade in my class on the practice quiz!), and Antisemetism and the Holocaust in Czech lands, which again, will focus on the Czech lands as opposed to Poland and what we think of as the "normal" Holocaust studies.

A little tidbit of information that I didn't know and something to sum up my day of learning: We will see in the history of Jewish in Czech lands, that no matter how bad the Jews were persecuted, it was not as horrible as some other countries.

So 8 hours of class down for today -- 7 left for the rest of the week!

1 class tomorrow from 2:30-4...what am I going to do with myself!?!?

2 comments:

  1. David- put pictures in your posts! I want to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like youre having a fantastic time. enjoy this "no responsibility" part of your life...Uncle Ron

    ReplyDelete