Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun Stuff

So, the first week of classes was very good. Some are very boring, others are interesting.
I joined the gym this week so I've been spending some time there which is good.
Thursday I went with a bunch of people to the Hockey game...Czech Republic vs. Finland. The Czechs played really well...unitl the middle of the third period when they scored three goals and won 5-3 in the end. At the game, instead of booing, they do this high pitched whistle through their teeth, which i couldn't do before the game, but I learned well enough to whistle in that way that I was able to boo. My goal by the end of the semester is to be able to whistle like that really loudly.

Friday night we went to Beit Praha, the reform congregation in the Spanish synagouge. There was a guy there who is apparently a famous anthropologist and lectures all aroud the world named Sam. There were also a lot of other Americans there. We went after services to thier Tu-Bshvat seder/ dinner and had lots of fruits and some brisket.
Today in the evening, we went to something called Red Bull Crushed Ice. It was a downhill ice skating course with obstacles and four go down at a time so they fall and knock into each other a lot. It was pretty exciting! They also had all sorts of Red Bull drinks there obvoiusly including a Hot Red Bull which was pretty good, but smelled like some sort of medicine I hated when I was younger.
Then we went to a lateish dinner at Therapy cafe down the street from our apartment and I had a nice pasta bowl with this Blue Cheese sauce and it was absolutely delicious!
Now I am catching up on email and phone calls, cleaning my room/apt and watching a movie with the roomates.

Tomorrow we get up early and go for an overnight trip (back Monday night) to Chesky Krumlov, a town about three hourse away from Prague

1 comment:

  1. Jacob Wolf commented at CSMW that he thought he was allergic to blue cheese but didn't eat enough at one time to actually know. Josh Ackman and I suggested that eat a chunk of it and find out. Missed you at CSMW hun. Sheri;)

    ReplyDelete